• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to understand baggage files

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these questions don't make sense I apologize, but I don't really understand how baggage files work.

I am working with baggage files in RH-5. I have several projects with somewhere over 3000 baggage files (mostly pdfs). There are about 700 of them that I don't need anymore. I have gone through the projects and deleted references to the baggage files from the topics, I also deleted the files from the baggage file folder. After republishing the projects the pdf files are still on the server. Do I need to manually delete the pdfs from the server? I don't recall copying the pdfs to the server in the first place, did RH do that as part of the publishing process?

If RH publishes the pdfs to the server, can I delete all of the pdf files from the server and would RH replace those that are still in the project? I don't have a list of the files that need to be deleted so if I could use this approach it would save me a lot of time.

Thanks for any help, it is always appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Hi there

You should be safe in clearing the server of all PDF and allowing the Publishing process to replace only those that are part of your project.

As you have encountered, the Publishing process will never delete files from the server. Anything you wish to delete will need to be deleted manually.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You should be safe in clearing the server of all PDF and allowing the Publishing process to replace only those that are part of your project.

As you have encountered, the Publishing process will never delete files from the server. Anything you wish to delete will need to be deleted manually.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...which applies to all files (.htm, .gif, etc.).

That's why we periodically empty the output folders on our machines and on the server (clears the deadwood).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp