• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view animated powerpoint text in editing mode

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported a PPoint presentation as an animation.  When viewing the slides in the Captivate 3 editor I see what the slide looks like before the animation takes place rather than after.  The problem is I need to put transparent buttons over the bulleted points so that users can click to link to other slides (it's a contents page).  This wouldn't be a problem except I can't see where the text is without previewing the animation - and as soon as I stop it, the text disappears.

On other slides I have a similar problem where a small graphic appears at the end of the animation and I want the users to click on it to jump to another slide.  I know how to overlay a transparent Captivate button, just not where because I can't see how the slide looks at the end.

So, how can I view how a slide looks after an animation, in the editor view?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Hi folks

Okay, here is a temporary workaround. I use this technique ALL THE TIME. Actually, just yesterday I used it repeatedly for about 5 hours for something I'm building in Captivate.

You will need to have more than just Captivate open. It doesn't really matter what, just that another application is open and maximized to fill the entire screen.

Scrub the playhead in Captivate until you get the image you want.

Without releasing the mouse, carefully press Alt+Tab to switch to the maximized applicat

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you able to see the animation if you grab the playhead and scrub?

Click the image below to see at full size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see it when I grab the playhead and I can move through the animation by scrubbing, but as soon as I let go of the playhead the animation disappears. I want to freeze it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem also, and introduced a feature demand about it. The animation is visible in the starting situation and you can watch it by playing the slide or scrubbing the timeline but it is not possible to freeze it at a certain frame. You should have to calculate the frame which is not as easy as in Flash. Please support our demand by introducing a feature demand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Okay, here is a temporary workaround. I use this technique ALL THE TIME. Actually, just yesterday I used it repeatedly for about 5 hours for something I'm building in Captivate.

You will need to have more than just Captivate open. It doesn't really matter what, just that another application is open and maximized to fill the entire screen.

Scrub the playhead in Captivate until you get the image you want.

Without releasing the mouse, carefully press Alt+Tab to switch to the maximized application. Then release the mouse.

Upon returning to Captivate, you should see that the playhead is right where you left it. Somewhat in a state of suspended animation, As if you are still in the midst of scrubbing!

At this point you have some options. You may choose to click Insert and proceed to insert a Caption or a Highlight Box.

The edit area should remain put until you park the playhead.

I discovered this by accident one day and I really hope Adobe never "fixes" it as it's quite useful!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick, for sharing your workaround! Until we get a solution from the CP-team, this will do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.  Great workaround.  Here's hoping Adobe sort something less fiddly out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources