• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indexing to external files

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I will try to explain this the best I can and hopefully it can be understood.

I have created several .chm files, for example A.chm, B.chm, C.chm and D.chm. A.chm is like the 'big papa' of the whole bunch, meaning it's like the file that links all the files together. For example, A.chm contain links to B, C, and D.chm.

I now would like to add an index in A. This index shud be the 'big' index which will be linked to B, C, and D, for example the keyword 'tutorial' which is in C. Can that be done?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It may be done if you have merged. You say the "Big Dog" is A.CHM. Does this mean it simply links to the others or did you nominate it as a Master?

You normally do this in RoboHelp HTML via the TOC.

Once you do this, you need to configure your Index as Binary and add at least a single keyword in the Master project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it simply links to these other files. How do i nominate it as Master?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A merged project uses a master project and one or more child projects. The master is normally a container for the childs although it can have content itself. The idea is the TOC of the master contains links to the child CHMs. If you look at the TOC you'll this iconScreenShot.gifwhich is used to select the child CHM to be merged into the master TOC. The idea is that the user opens up the master CHM and its content, plus the content of the merged childs appear in the TOC. The user "sees" one help file when in fact there are many. If you google "merged CHM" you'll find a number of useful links that explain things more.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp