• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interaction Dropdowns and Conditional Build

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I use RH8 to build CHMs and PDFs under WinXP SP3, no network drive)

In a project I have some dropdowns intended for online use ("Click here to see ...") which should be omitted from the printed version. So I marked the entire paragraph with a suitable Conditional Build Tag (e.g. Online). In RH7 this gave the effect I wanted; the entire paragraph and its dropdown were absent from the PDF, which was generated with Conditional Build "NOT Online" and Advanced "Include drop-down text".

With RH8 the behaviour has changed; the calling paragraph is successfully suppressed but the drop-down is always printed.

Fortunately the workaround is not too difficult; open the dropdown, select its entire contents and mark that with the appropriate condition.

Does anyone know another workaround, or an easy way to find conditional dropdowns?

--- Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just reproduced the problem and regard it as a bug.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, I have filed a bug report.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp