Expand my Community achievements bar.

Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.

Level 7

Why would this error occur ?

Below are the logs

2009-06-24 06:30:26,437 INFO  [STDOUT] [INFO     ]Initiating checkpoint....
2009-06-24 06:30:26,453 INFO  [STDOUT] [ERROR    ]com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to system checkpoint. System error message is [com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [7252] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.].
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:136)
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.execute(CheckpointTask.java:86)
at com.celequest.util.cron.CronSpawnIt.run(CronSpawnIt.java:50)
at com.celequest.system.thread.VCPingableThread.run(VCPingableThread.java:77)
Caused by: com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [7252] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointManager.beginCheckpoint(CheckpointManager.java:182)
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:120)
... 3 more
Caused by:
com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [7252] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointManager.beginCheckpoint(CheckpointManager.java:182)
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:120)
at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.execute(CheckpointTask.java:86)
at com.celequest.util.cron.CronSpawnIt.run(CronSpawnIt.java:50)

5 Replies

Level 10

I don't why you get the error, but I know it's related to BAM.

Are you monitoring some processes using BAM?

Jasmin

Level 7

I don't have any active BAM reporting ?

Any other suggestions to resolve the issue ?

Aditya

Level 10

If you're not planning on using BAM you could remove the Lava_Adobe.ear from the deploy folder.

Jasmin

Level 7

Would I need to re deploy ES  with configuration manager ?

Aditya

Level 8

No, you don't need to re-run config manager.  Just stop your app server (i.e. JBoss) remove the Lava ear  (don't delete it incase you need it later) and restart your app server.

BTW - I've seen this issue when I deleted the chkpoint folders and bam files from JBoss' server\all\log directory.