Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics list organisation

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this problem while importing Word in to the Robo Help Tool. After importing, the topics displayed after getting imported in the Project Set up view, are not displayed in the order of output. They are shuffled, rather get displayed alphabeticaly. However after generating the output in html, the topics get displayed as intended. Do i have to manually move the topics in the project view or is there any setting by which I will be able to control it?

Plus is there any way we can get to group the related section ( say topics and sub topics) in folder by default or I will need to manually add the same?

Awaiting your inputs,

Thanks,

Pallavi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pallavi,

I can't picture exactly what you're describing, but I think the bottom line is that there's a difference between the TOC, which is displayed in the final output, and whatever arrangement the topics have in the Project Manager pod. I'm guessing you're using RH8 because any other version automatically displays items in the Project Manager in alphabetical order, and they can't be rearranged except to be placed in folders.

If you're concerned more about how your topics are listed in the Project Manager, I believe RH8 allows you to drag the topics into any order you want them to be in.  (I use RH7, so I'm going from memory.)  However, this doesn't affect the TOC unless you auto-generate a TOC from the arrangement in Project Manager.  To work on your TOC, expand the Table of Contents item in Project Manager, and then double-click the TOC there. You would need to add new topics manually to the TOC.

I don't think there's an automatic way to create either topic folders in Project Manager or in the TOC—so you manually create them and drag and drop topics into them.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For folders, I'm afraid that you will need to manually create them if that's what you want. No way past that as near as I can tell.

If you are using RoboHelp 8, Adobe added a new feature that allows you to present the Project Manager pod in any arrangement of topics you want. Basically you may drag them around. I'm thinking it may also list them as they come in. So that may help.

Click the image below to view at full size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmp1.png

Didn't see you there, Ben!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries Rick, when I turn sideways I'm invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp