• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Robohelp.. Is there a way to Print?

Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've created my first robohelp project, and was wondering if there's a way to enable users to print.  Is there something I need to setup prior to generating the file?  As of now, when I try to print, it prints the entire page (contents included) and cuts off the right side of the screen.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Normally what we do is advise folks to create a PDF of what you want the user to print. Then add the PDF as baggage and provide a link to the baggage file if folks need a printed version of the help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!  Ah, ok I see.  So would I need to create a .pdf for each page (assuming I'd like the option of each page being able to be printed)? Or is there a way to create a pdf of the entire file?  Thank you!

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sure, PDF each page if you like. It will take some time, but is do-able.

I would create a Printed Documentation output from RoboHelp that contained the whole project. Then PDF that and iinclude it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the help.  If I can ask you one last question.. how do I create a Printed Documentation Output?  That seems like the direction I'll go in.  Appreciate it!

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using? RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

If RoboHelp HTML, you have a pod called the Single Source Layouts pod. Click View > Pods > Single Source Layouts to bring it into view.

Inside the pod is a layout called Printed Documentation.

Click the image below to view at full size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rik, I'm using Robohelp HTML, so your instructions will help perfectly.  Thanks so much.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help you when you work your way through the wizard.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/printing.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in IE, select File > Print Preview. The default option in the toolbar is "As laid out on screen".

From the dropdown, select "Only the selected frame". That'll print what you need, so you might want to provide your users a topic called "How to print a topic," or some such. Or, it might be a section in a larger "Using this Help" topic, instead.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the great help guys.  I'm going to give these suggestions a shot.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp