• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a .cp file from a html/swf

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of demos created and published, but the captivate source files were lost.

I have the published files (html & SWF) is it possible to recreate the captivate file from the published files?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately not.

I konw there are decompilers for Flash content, but that doesn't help you a bit with Captivate. Because I'm aware that Flash decompilers exist, I'm guessing it would be possible to create the same for Captivate. We need to kick, scream, wail and plead with the Captivate development team to provide this much needed capability. I know I've been harping about it for years.

Anyone feeling as I do should consider joining the cause by submitting a Wish Form to ask for it. The link is in my sig line.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit off-topic but I seriously hope that we will never see a "Captivate Decompiler". I know that it sucks if you loose your CP files or they get corrupted, but then again it's a question of making regular backups of your files and keep different versions.

If we were to see a Captivate decompiler then it would be possible for people to download content directly from a corporate LMS - decompile the courses - edit them and distribute them as something they made themselves.

That is one of the main problems with the Flash decompilers now. People steal work and post it as their own on stock sites etc.

Luckily it's possible to obfuscate the code in your Flash files and use certain encrypters to prevent these "decompilers" to work, but I would much rather spend my time actually creating content than spending my time having to come up with all sorts of meassures to prevent others from decompiling my content.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael

Ouch! I'd have to say I strongly disagree.

If one is inclined to steal. They will do just that decompiler or not.

Some folks learn more easily when they are able to pick apart something someone else has done. Ohhhh, so THAT's how they achieved that particular effect!

If Adobe were to make such a tool, they could also insert some form of identifier that was linked to the Captivate license. Then perform a check on that. Only allow decompiling projects that were created by the same license.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources