• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing multiple images at once

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that has 60+ JPG files exported from a PowerPoint preseentation.  I need to scale each slide down to fit the safe zones so the text is visible.  Is there any way to size all the images at once inside of Premiere?  Right now I have to click on each image, and use the Scale setting to set its size, which will take forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Engaged , Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

You can go onto the motion settings for one of the images, adust it to how you like, then copy the motion property of that still image (mod: Select the clip, then choose Edit > Copy) and drag and select all your other images in the timeline and then choose Edit > Paste Attributes (click the Motion checkbox, then OK). This will paste that transformation you made to the first image to the rest of the stills.  If your images are different resolutions, you may need to manually adjust each image.  Ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

You also select all the images in the timeline and right click and select scale to frame size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Hi ACCESS16TV,

Here's how:

1.  Select the image in the Timeline
  2. Choose Edit > Copy
  3. Select the other images
  4. Choose Edit > Paste Attributes
  5. In the resulting dialog box, click the Motion checkbox
  6. The other images will now be the same position and scale as the original

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go onto the motion settings for one of the images, adust it to how you like, then copy the motion property of that still image (mod: Select the clip, then choose Edit > Copy) and drag and select all your other images in the timeline and then choose Edit > Paste Attributes (click the Motion checkbox, then OK). This will paste that transformation you made to the first image to the rest of the stills.  If your images are different resolutions, you may need to manually adjust each image.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also select all the images in the timeline and right click and select scale to frame size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

While you can scale the images in PrPro, doing so in Photoshop will yield better quality. For this, you WILL need to re Import, but the end result will be better.

If you do go that route, see this ARTICLE in the PE Tips & Tricks sub-forum. Since you're starting with JPEG, you will improve the quality, if you do the Save_As from PS as .PSD's and Import_As_Footage with Layers Flattened. To re-JPEG a JPEG is asking for a quality hit.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicker than PS to resize multiple images (batch)  is a little application called ReaConverter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig,

Have not heard of this one before. Many folk also like IrfanView. Personally, almost all of my images are in PS to begin with, so I just run an Action on them and Save them to a sub-folder. It's a click-type-click-click-done process. Maybe I should look around a bit.

Thanks for the rec.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrew Kramer made a neat tutorial about batch processing photo's in PS.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/elegant_slideshows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.  To get the image to fit correctly, I used the scale control to resize to 65% of the original size in Premiere.  If I use Photoshop to resize the images by 65%, will that create a same sized image?  I don't know if the resizing of images works the same in both apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is actually much better at it than Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly support Jim's statement. In all of my tests, the resizing algorithms in PS are better than those in PrPro. Now, I come from a print advertising background, so maybe I judge these things more critically than most.

While one can certainly set the Motion>Scale attributes for one image, and then do Copy, Select all other Clips, and Paste Attributes, I can do the resizing in PS on a folder with 100 images via Actions and File>Automate>Batch in less time than it takes to type this.

Maybe try one via PrPro and the same one via PS and then judge the results for yourself. View critically at the size that you will likely distribute to, say DVD to a larger new TV. Tell me what you think.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ACCESS16TV,

Here's how:

1.  Select the image in the Timeline
  2. Choose Edit > Copy
  3. Select the other images
  4. Choose Edit > Paste Attributes
  5. In the resulting dialog box, click the Motion checkbox
  6. The other images will now be the same position and scale as the original

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines