Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

numbers in wrong font in numbered list in RH 8

Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from RH 7 to RH 8. (TCS 1 to TCS 2) I'm using a CSS that I used in RH 7 (and was actually created by someone else many RoboHelp versions ago). It has a style in it called stepfirst for a numbered step. When I create a new paragraph and assign that style, the number appears in the wrong font and font size. (The text appears in the desired font and font size.) The html code is different for previously existing numbered lists that had originally been created in RH 7.

RH 7 code:

<li class="p-stepfirst"><p class="stepfirst">This text was from an existing list. Add the DTM device asset to the asset tree. </p></li>

RH 8 code:

<li><p class="stepfirst">This is a new list.</p></li>

In RH 8 it looks like it is not automatically using the p-stepfirst list class.

Here is what is in the CSS regarding this style (that worked right in RH 7 but not RH 8):

P.stepfirst {
font-family: Verdana;
font-variant: normal;
font-size: 8.0pt;
text-align: left;
list-style-type: decimal;
list-style-position: outside;
color: #000000;
vertical-align: Baseline;
margin-top: -9.0pt;
margin-bottom: 3.0pt;
margin-left: -12pt;
x-next-class: step;
x-next-type: P;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}
LI.P-stepfirst {
font-family: Verdana;
font-variant: normal;
font-size: 8.0pt;
text-align: left;
list-style-type: decimal;
list-style-position: outside;
color: #000000;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

What I've tried and my questions:

I can individually edit the list paragraphs (either in the HTML code or using the Bullets and Numbering dialog) to make it right. I can right-click the paragraph, select Bullets and Numbering, go to the Custom tab, and in the Available Styles list select "P-stepfirst". This inserts the <li class="p-stepfirst"> tag (or whatever you call it) into the paragraph so now it looks like the RH 7 example above. When I go to edit the style though, I don't find this control to make that part of the style so I don't have to edit it manually for each list. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this so it works automatically again?

Is there a way I should edit my CSS so the list class will be included when I apply the stepfirst style?

I hope someone on here can help!

Thanks!!

Lisa Zinzow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa,

I hope someone answers your post -- I've encountered exactly the same problem after upgrading from RH 7 to RH 8.

MD Bennett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remedied this by going in and creating a new list style called ol and applied it to all of my numbered lists. I had to do the same type of thing with my bullet lists too, I created a style called ul and applied that to my bullet lists. I was near the point of screaming because ALL of my lists (numbered/bulleted) were giving me fits. I read this suggestion in another post on the forum and thought I'd pass it along. If you apply your style to a list and your changes don't immediately appear, look at the code and see if there were any inline list settings left behind from the default list code. There was in mine, but after I got rid of it, it's worked like a charm since. There are definitely quirks with lists in RH 8, but if you can reign them in and make them listen to you, they'll eventually behave!

OL style settings:

OL Style.png

UL style settings:

UL style.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to do it once I figured out how to create a new list style and which kind of list style I needed to create. It seemed to work when I followed the instructions in the help to create an HTML list. At least that's what they called it in the help. There isn't anything I saw in the interface that calls it an HTML list.

Now I just need to figure out how to END a list. I applied my new style and started typing in a list and that works fine, but I can't figure out how to apply NOT the list style to the next paragraph. Applying a paragraph style just changes the formatting but doesn't make it not a list.  I see in the Help where it says to remove a paragraph style to select the style "None" but I don't see a "None" in the list styles. I don't see a "None" in the paragraph styles for that matter. AHA! I just figured it out. If I right-click the paragraph, select Bullets and Numbering, and select the picture that shows no numbering, the list ends and I'm back to a normal paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp