• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title remote not set

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with premiere and encore for short time. I created a dvd in premiere and all went well. I then exported it to encore set up my time lines menus etc. But for some reason my title remote is not set and it's the only thing I can not figure out. I have been able to figure out just about everything else even though I'm new to this level of authoring. GREAT app and a little over my head but I'm wanting more control and ability.

So what did I miss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008
The "Title Remote" setting determines where the DVD will go when the user presses the [title] key on the player's remote control. You can set its behavior on the Disc tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Title Remote" setting determines where the DVD will go when the user presses the [title] key on the player's remote control. You can set its behavior on the Disc tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it,

I feel like an idiot. I see I should have just followed suit with the rest. Now I can move on to more daunting tasks like building title/chapter menus.

While I'm in premiere and i transfer them from my camcorder is there any specific way that I need to encode or set the video for more elaborate menus.Also, while I was in premiere I set it up for wide screen 16:9 but when i got it to Encore, it was 4:3. And does noise reduction really do much for amateur movies.

Thanks for the help

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm having the same issue.  Where is the disc tab to set the title remote?  Sorry, my eyes are not finding it.

Also, I have one issue with a multi level menu.  When the client is in the main menu, they click on a button and play the mpg, its fine.  But if they decide to click the menu button on their remote, it takes them back to the main menu, allows them to press any button, but it stays on the menu and won't play any mpg.  Do I change that in the authoring of the 'menu override'?

Thanks all for your help, Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CZorn wrote:

Okay, I'm having the same issue.  Where is the disc tab to set the title remote?  Sorry, my eyes are not finding it.

Encore no longer has a Disc tab: it's now called the Build panel. But an easier way is to go to the Flowchart and select the Disc icon. Then look at the Properties panel.

Also, I have one issue with a multi level menu.  When the client is in the main menu, they click on a button and play the mpg, its fine.  But if they decide to click the menu button on their remote, it takes them back to the main menu, allows them to press any button, but it stays on the menu and won't play any mpg.  Do I change that in the authoring of the 'menu override'?

Overrides have nothing to do with this. Overrides replace the end action of the targeted object.

The menu button on a DVD player toggles between a playing timeline and a menu. It cannot be used to go from one menu to another.

DVDs have a title or top menu, which will take the user to the menu specified for title remote. Timelines have a menu property, which takes you to the menu specified for the timeline (menu remote). The two should not be confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to 16:9 4:3 -

I had that issue a while back. Can't remember if I went into preferences and changed the preview or you could try right clicking on the m2v and interprete to the size you want.  If this doesn't work, you may have to go back to your encoding and make sure the settings didn't mess up. Once you select a setting and then customize it, check your settings one more time.  Not an expert, but hope it helps. Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>While I'm in premiere and i transfer them from my camcorder is there any specific way that I need to encode or set the video for more elaborate menus.Also, while I was in premiere I set it up for wide screen 16:9 but when i got it to Encore, it was 4:3. And does noise reduction really do much for amateur movies.

The best capture setting is straight DV AVI. This can be edited as you need in Premiere, and imported straight into Encore and allow Encore to transcode automatically.
Can you please describe what you mean by "more elaborate menus" as well? There are many ways to increase the look of a disc here, but some sort of idea would be useful.......
The 4:3 & 16:9 issue is easily solved. If you are certain it really is in 16:9, then just import the asset into the project browser as normal, right-click the AVI file & select the "Interpret Footage" option. Set to 16:9, and check in the preview window that all is in the right shape.

Noise Reduction? It can easily make things a lot worse, although experimentation is really the key here as it may be perfect for your footage, it may not. Try importing & reducing a very small segment instead of the complete project - and see what it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue (couldn't figure out how to set "Title Remote" with Encore CS3 and CS4 but worse still, I COULDN'T set it to what I wanted, I could only set it to STOP, not the beginning of my openning movie (I'm just making a simple movie, no first play besides the one and only movie).  It wouldn't allow me to choose what I wanted by browsing with the little fly out menu right hand arrow to the right.

THEN I stumbled onto this idea, I used the little icon (can't remember it's name, "pick" something or other, the icon you can drag from to set it's source, it's the little icon that looks like a whirl to the left of "Title Button" on the Disk Properties panel) and just dragged it to the timeline that I wanted to be the title remote and viola! it works!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

That little icon is the "Pickwhip."

Glad you got it working,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

Long ago solved and off to the happy client. Thanks for the update though.

Christine Zorn

PAN Video Services Inc.

Guelph, Ontario

office 519 836-8822

cell 519 823-6130

www.panvideo.com

Winning Solutions Since 1989

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect,

it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I turn Title Remote off in Permitted Operations, it still comes up as a problem on the Build Check in Encore CS4.

And even if I turn Title Remote off in the Build Check, I still get the error/ignore popup when I go to make the DVD.

This is for DVD that need to just start playing the timeline when inserted to play (no menus or or anything).

It is kind of disconcerting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still have an AutoPlay DVD-Video with the Title Remote set. That is to tell the player what to do, should the user hit Title on the remote.

That message is just informative and is not an error, per se. It will pop-up twice, once on Check Project and also when one goes to Build DVD.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines