Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling access to "coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory"

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wondering if there is a way to "disable" access to the "coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory".

Basically, trying to prevent users from running code that will expose DATASOURCE information such as usernames and passwords when accessing the ADMIN API.

Thanks

Michael

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the createObject() function and <cfobject> tag.  At least the Java form of them, if the sandbox controls are that granular.

This is exactly why many hosting providers do not allow the use of those tags, so that users can not access the underlining CF java objects like service factory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian, however I already am aware of disabling CFOBJECT and CreateObject but wanted to know more if their was any way to disable access to the ServiceFactory object alone without doing the latter.

Something more granular maybe such as possibly altering some of the NEO*.XML files to shut off access to the ADMIN API only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of which I have ever heard.

I can't imagine anything in the neo*.xml files that would apply.

If anything like that could even be considered, I think it would have to be accomplished somewhere between the OS and Java layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the only workaround is to employ "Sanbox Security".

By doing so, I believe that access to the CFIDE/AdminApi is possible ONLY if you setup folder access to that directory.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation