Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp .NET?

Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem like an odd question, but I'm still stuck on version X5.  Whatever happened to RoboHelp .NET?  Is it integrated into the latest versions?  I've asked customer support, but they tell me to contact technical support, and I can't figure out how to do that.  I figured you guys would know. 

Thanks,

Jeff Kersh, PhD

American HealthTech

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett are now using it alongside RoboInfo, RoboFlash Toolkit, RoboPresenter, VisiCalc and all the other products that are no more.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! I had a feeling it was something like that. So for a .NET project, my best bet is to use WebHelp?

Jeff Kersh, PhD

Technical Writer

American HealthTech, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As I understand it, yes.

From what I understood about the former .NET version, all it really offered beyond the typical run-of-the-mill version was a special .DLL or something that allowed it to more seamlessly work as a service or something like that.

I recall seeing notes from Mike Hamilton back in the day where he advised RoboHelp for .NET wasn't necessary because the developers could just as easily connect to WebHelp and it worked just fine.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp .NET as a product was actually just an API (a set of pre-cooked code) that developers could use to integrate WebHelp into their .NET apps. When Adobe took over, they decided not to charge extra for this and thus there is no longer a separate product necessary.

That said, it "lives" as an updated version in all Adobe RH releases. You will usually find it in this path (or whereever your RH is installed):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\CSH API\ASP.NET

These include companion support files and functions for developers using C# language.

You will find the Adobe online help documentation for .NET here:

http://tinyurl.com/nkbvhw

As Rick said, some developers use these APIs because they are "ready to use." Others choose to roll their own.

John

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp