Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM size increased by Captivate tutorial

Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project that includes a Captivate tutorial that will only be available in the webhelp output, not in the CHM output. I have excluded the topic that includes the tutorial from the CHM output using conditional variables, but strangely enough, the size of the CHM file is still increased by about 500 Kb.

The only "solution" I have found is to rename the .swf files in the project folder before compiling the CHM output so that they are not "taken into account" in the CHM compilation, and give them back their original name when compiling the webhelp.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony

Likely the Captivate is stuck in the project. I don't believe there is a way to exclude it as you would like. Well, other than what you are already doing.

You (and others) should really report this behavior as a bug/wish so that the developers can be aware we need an ability to apply Conditional Build Tags to content in Baggage and Multimedia folders too.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2009 Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Rick!

I have already reported this to Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp