Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newbie:Respondant file data can be changed after receiving pdf form

Level 1

I'm a newbie to this. I have Acrobat 9 Pro. I have designed a file in Livecycle with dropdown list and the usual data fields. The client would like the entire form sent back as a PDF. So my submit button is configured accordingly.

However when doing a test and receiving the returned file on another machine with Reader 9, I find that I am able to change the data.

Is there a step I am missing out in form creation?

Many thanks

7 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

What do you mean by change data? If they can modify fields on received PDF form, you had to set all fields as read only, this will prevent form from future modyfying.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 1

Scenario is this : respondant gets form in email - fills in data and submits by email to form receiver. The form is returned as a pdf.  For some reason the data is not locked.   The form field data can be changed although form collector only has Acro reader 9.

The request by client is to receive the complete pdf with data and not just xml data. Tried the read value but this then prevents data from being entered into the form by respondant.

Level 6

Hi,

On preSubmit event of fileds which should be locked you can put this script:

this.access = "radOnly";

It will make your fields locked from changes.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 1

This sounds lgood but at the risk of being a pain and an idiot, where do I find this? I looked under help file and they do mention this cmd but nowhere do they say where. Is it somewhere in each form field or with the submit button?

Level 1

Paul can I prevail on your patience a bit longer. This is uncharted waters for me. When I select the presubmit event the display is this

form1.#subform[3].Ops::preSubmit:form - (FormCalc, client)

where and how do I insert the

this.access = "radOnly";

many thanks Alex

Level 6

Hi,

You have chose FormCalc as script language, but scrip written in Javascrip. You can change script to FormCalc style - $.access="readOnly", or change it ot Javascript:

1.JPG

BR