Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Quiz-Data in Database

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a captivate-quiz. When the user has finished the quiz I would like to show a Button "save".

If the user clicks "save" I would like to send the data to save them in a mySQL Database.

The quiz is a flash swf embed in a html-file . It's possible to read the data by Javascript or

can I post the data to a php-file ? Which posibilities does adobe offer?

yours dokuservice

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't offer anything like that as out of the box, but it is still possible to achieve it.

I'm a bit confused about the "The quiz is a flash swf embed in a html-file". Is this an actual Flash file or is it the swf output from Captivate?

If it's a Flash file then just implement what ever communication you want in the Flash file itself and tie in the relevant PHP scripts and database info.

If it's a Captivate swf then your options are a bit more restricted:

Option 1: If you can use Flash you could create a Flash file that is imported into the Captivate project that contains the communication with the database. You can retrieve the relevant data from Captivate by using the system variables.

Option 2: Use the "email hack" procedure described here and modify it to work with PHP/MySQL instead. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/store_cpresults.html

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

it is "If it's a Captivate swf then your options are a bit more restricted:"

and I would like to take option 1.

I know how to create a Flash and how to read a swf into a flash BUT,

"using the system variables." I need to know the variable-names.

In my example we have one question and the user take answer 1.

How is the variablename of the answer of question x?

What, if the user can choose more than one answer?

Whalt, if I have more then one questions.

Is there a referent in the www ?

yours

dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dany,

Take a look at these two links:

This one gives you "all" the available variables in Captivate 4.

http://www.captivate4.com/2009/04/28/system-variables-in-captivate-4-%e2%80%93-a-complete-list/

This one is a tutorial on how to save the users quiz selections in a user defined variable in Captivate. Basically you could use that principle to get the data into your flash file.

http://www.captivate4.com/2009/07/01/using-advanced-actions-to-store-and-show-a-users-answers-in-a-q...

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources