• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No conditional Build Tags applied - why won't text print?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH HTML 7.

I have added some complete 'books' of topics to an already-existing project, which has a set of conditional build expressions already applied where needed.

I have not made any changes to the printed output expressions, and yet the print output is missing entire 'books' of text. I have not applied any tags at all to the majority of the new topics and yet they do not print. They appear fine online.

Any ideas of what I can try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you worked through the printed doc wizard and checked that your new books are included in the printed documentation chapter layout? I've only just started to dabble in printed (pdf) output, but I believe what is output doesn't necessarily reflect what is in your TOC, unlike for web or chm outputs.

Sorry if you already thought of this, but thought I'd blurt the first option that came to mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a full tutorial on Printed Documentation on my site. It confirms what Amebr has advised and covers more.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Amebr you were right. I did think of that once I had posted, and it was one of the keys.

Now I am stuck with the toc reproducing more levels than I want - because the heading levels are automatically assigned, the toc is including some H2 headings within topics in the output even though it doesn't show that it will do that in the setup preview. I hace also tried fiddling inthe Word output but no luck so far.

So, Peter, I will read your tutorial to see if this is addressed. If not I am sure I can figure a workaround even if it means going back and changing the styles I don't want into non-headers so I have control over them.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp