• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding all topics where a particular style is used?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

In RoboHelp 7, does anyone know how I can find all topics that use a particular style from my CSS? I want to update a style but need to ensure it updates correctly in all topics.

I've failed to find this in the help or by searching the forum. Many thanks.

Lillibet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Depending on the style, a multi file find and replace search on

<tagname> (such as <h1>

or

class="yourstylename"

will find all the topics using the tag or class. The built in tool also allows you to click View for each of the topics listed after the search.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lillibet.

You can right click on your CSS file and select Properties to identify which topics are associated with it but I am not aware of a way inside RH where you can identify a specific CSS file style. I think you'll have to do a global find on the topics you identify using the technique I've mentioned to find the relevant style.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the style, a multi file find and replace search on

<tagname> (such as <h1>

or

class="yourstylename"

will find all the topics using the tag or class. The built in tool also allows you to click View for each of the topics listed after the search.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a star Peter. That's worked a treat.

I haven't used the Multi-File Find and Replace for a long time. It didn't cross my mind to use it for finding a style!

Thank you,

Lillibet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp