• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server - usage tracking

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how granular the usage tracking is with RH Server v. 8?  We use RH to publish to a corporate intranet and want to be able to track who's accessing each topic down to a user level.  This information should be available based on network login but I am wondering if RH Server can retrieve that data or if we have to rely on an external source to pull that?  Are there any resources we can research to figure out how to do this? We have tried to add some sort of coding (the IT guys handle that, not me!) to the templates (without using RH Server) but never could get that to work. We currently use Google Analytics to pull our usage reports and that works very well......except we can't get down to the user level. Thanks - Colette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not a RoboHelp Server user, but I believe it only offers reporting on Topic popularity. To report to the user level would require each user to authenticate before using the help system. I'm sure in some cases they do, but I don't believe RoboHelp Server offers that level of granularity and detail.

If it does, I'd be shocked.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you are based but check with your HR people. In the UK I believe they have to be involved in such tracking for legal reasons. I don't have details so I am just saying you need to check out going down to user level.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what Peter and Rick have already added you should be able to use some third party tool to do what you require if the user level stats are recorded. We are planning on using the RH Server output in a secure environment. The idea is that the user logs on to the application using a userid and password and from there accesses the help. As they do so, their userid and password is passed to the server to authenticate access. If they access a URL from outside the application, they will be asked for a userid and password. All of this is being done outside of RH server and whilst we are not recording the indivudual access requests it would seem impossible to adapt our method to do so.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp