• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Peculiar problem - How to apply global formatting on .hlp file imported into Robohelp?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported a .hlp file into robohelp. Everything work fine (inlcuding the TOC and index). However, the text formatting shows 'none' in the styles. This is a huge project running into over 1500 topics.

Is there a way to globally apply 'normal' style to the project? Or, I need to go to each topic and apply the styles manually, which would be a herculean task .

Please help.

Thanks,

-Ejaz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML?

Which version? X5, RH6, 7 or 8?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is in RoboHelp 8.

Ejaz SA * Senior Technical Writer • SunGard iWORKS EPS & EAS â€¢ SunGard Technology Services•

* Amar Genisis, Sr.No 2/1 & 2/2 Baner Road, Pune – 411 008 • INDIA

Tel Direct +91 020 6641 5194 or Board Line 91 20 3023 7000 or 91 20 2560 6000•  Mobile: +91 9822507475 .  www.sungard.com/sts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp for Word 8 or RoboHelp HTML 8?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 8.

Ejaz SA * Senior Technical Writer • SunGard iWORKS EPS & EAS â€¢ SunGard Technology Services•

Tel Direct +91 020 6641 5194 or Board Line 91 20 3023 7000 or 91 20 2560 6000•  Mobile: +91 9822507475 .  www.sungard.com/sts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various ways to get a WinHelp project into RoboHelp HTML.

1] Import the .hlp file.

2] Import the hpj.

3] Import the underlying Word document.

4] I assume the WinHelp project was created using RoboHelp for Word as  RoboHelp HTML does not offer a .hlp output. Potentially you could use RoboHelp for Word to generate a CHM and then reverse engineer that into a RoboHelp HTML project.

Each will work in different ways. Which method did you use? Would you be willing to share the source project so that I can look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for being so prompt in your help.

I imported the .hlp file into RoboHelp 8 HTML.

I will also try the option of RoboHelp for Word. Will let you know how it works.

As the file is client specific, I will not be able to share it. I am sorry.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I could generate a chm using RoboHelp to Word. How do I reverse engineer that into RoboHelp HTML?

Thanks,

-Ejaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After generating a chm using RoboHelp to Word and importing the .hlp into RoboHelp HTML, the result is the same. I am still not able to apply global formatting to the project.

Is there any other way out?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear why you would import a .hlp after generating a .chm.

To get a CHM into a RH project, see Reverse Engineering on my site. I am not saying it will solve the problem, simply that it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because I would require to work on the source file of the chm. What I need I that I should be able to open the project as .xpj in RoboHelp 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounded like after you created the CHM, you then created another HLP file. You need the CHM but I could not see why you would then do anything with the HLP file.

Take the CHM and reverse engineer it as described on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could solve the problem.

This is what I did -

Imported the xpj file in RoboHelp html. Associated a customized css. The project opens exactly how I wanted. The styles are also intact.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp