• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Tables - formatting

Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again all,

Gradually working through the brick walls put up by RH8. Now looking at tables. In RH6 I was able to hack a copy of a table format and this would display in RH6 when inserting a table. Does this approach work in RH8?

Also using the official method I see we now have table styles, I've had an initial go at this but I'm finding it less than straight forward. All I want to do is create a table style comprising a black grid with a gray shaded header. The width I want to use is 0.5px for all lines in the table. The idea as ever, is to be able to insert a new table in the same formayt each time without re-creating from scratch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the old tables but you lose the power of CSS driven tables.

Unfortunately the table editor for CSS styles is one of the more unintuitive designs I have encountered.

For a simple table select one of the supplied designs and then go to Format > Styles and pick Tables in the dropdown. Select odd row and then Clear Formating. Do the same for even rows, change the table borders to none. Now you have a table with no borders and can start defining what you do want.

Select odd rows and then bottom left with the colour and thickness you want. Do the same for even rows. Select whole table and then top right. Now you should have a simple table. Rename it to something appropriate.

The editor does allow you to create tables with definitions that are hugely complex. The end result though is it makes defining a simple table way too difficult and unintuitive. Good marks for functionality, low marks for ease of use.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I'll give that a go. From what you're saying then you clear the rows but don't mess with the columns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

In your reply you say select odd rows and then "bottom left" etc I don't see a bottom left option in the drop down only the options shown below.

rh8table1.gif

Do you mean select left border then do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, use bottom right for cells and top left for table.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

That seems to work ok for the grid lines.

Please can you advise what is the best way for shading the top row only in the colour of choice without disrupting the line formats already in place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select First Row and apply the fill using the icon in the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much. I now have a nice basic table with a shaded header and some hope of being able to create and maintain tables in RH8!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp