• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a DHTML link between drop-down text and an object in the same topic?

Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

What I'm trying to achieve is linked to an earlier post this week (trying to launch 2 targets with the same trigger). The workaround solution is to insert a link in a drop-down text saying something like " Click here to view that area on the image below", but I can't get that trigger to work.

What I did:

1. Create as target a positioned text box around the desired area on the image.
  2. Make trigger out of a word in the drop-down text.
  3. Using the drum next to the trigger, try to link it to the target.

The link from the drum won't cross past the drop-down text editor.

Anyway to make it work otherwise? I've been working at it since Tuesday but didn't achieve anything.

Thanks again for all your help, it is truly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Hi there

Here is how I would do it. I absolutely HATE that little editing window. I do!

Construct the text you want to see along with the links and triggers in the main part of the topic. I generally do this right where the drop-down will ultimately be viewed. Then select it and cut to the windows clipboard.

Now open the pesky lil cuss of a window and select everything inside it. Paste what you cut earlier!

Did I say I dislike the little window? I thought I may have.

Cheers and Happy Thursday! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Here is how I would do it. I absolutely HATE that little editing window. I do!

Construct the text you want to see along with the links and triggers in the main part of the topic. I generally do this right where the drop-down will ultimately be viewed. Then select it and cut to the windows clipboard.

Now open the pesky lil cuss of a window and select everything inside it. Paste what you cut earlier!

Did I say I dislike the little window? I thought I may have.

Cheers and Happy Thursday! Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm starting to enjoy that little window as much as you! Thank you so much for the tip, works perfectly. I just have to figure out how to get the positioned text boxes to stay where they are. Otherwise works like a charm.

Again, you help is very appreciated. I'm getting kudos for my help prototype so kudos to you too!

Have a nice day!

Nath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp