Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Editing Task Attachments Tab

Level 3

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to modify the layout of the Attachments tab (not the one on the PDF forms, but that attachments attached to a task).  Specifically, I am looking to remove the notes capibility and the permissions option.  I would like to set the permissions automatically for the attachments and not have the user choose.  If this is not possible, would I be able to make a custom tab that works in the same way as the task attachments tab but is layed out in the way I am looking for?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I'm not expirienced in Flex/Flash development, but I think it is possible to modify current or write your own tab.

I've read document related customizing workspace it is sad that you have all sources of workspace, so, i think, you can use it for your task.

Source location is \LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace, also I opened adobe-workspace-src.zip and found next: adobe-workspace-src.zip\Workspace\src_workspace\lc\attachments  I think it is exactly what you need.

BR,

Paul Butenko

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I'm not expirienced in Flex/Flash development, but I think it is possible to modify current or write your own tab.

I've read document related customizing workspace it is sad that you have all sources of workspace, so, i think, you can use it for your task.

Source location is \LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace, also I opened adobe-workspace-src.zip and found next: adobe-workspace-src.zip\Workspace\src_workspace\lc\attachments  I think it is exactly what you need.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 3

This information is exactly what I was looking for.  With the location of the attachments I was able to open it up, edit it and deploy.  I'm still working on the edits that I was talking about in the original post, but I should be able to do them now that I have the code for the task attachments.  Thanks Paul.

For anyone else looking to edit the adobe-workspace-src.zip, I'd recommend reading http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/customizeworkspaceui.pdf beforehand to understand how to use, compile and deploy a custom workspace UI.  As well, this post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/343379 was helpful for figuring out how to compile the src_workspace file.