Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't see sony reader on Mac

Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read your help with this and did all I know.  I authorized my Sony reader on a Windows computer and can transfer books from Adobe digital Editions, from my Public LIbrary Overdrive so it is DRM.  But when I plug my Sony Reader in My Mac the ADE does not see my Sony Reader.  It is using the same Adobe ID on both computers, I fixed that.

What can I do to transfer my library that is DRM to my Sony Reader on my Apple computer.  I have Calibre, but I see that is only for non DRM. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Reader does not support MacOS at this point. There are no drivers, so Digital Editions cannot see it. You can transfer purchased books manually to it, but that won't work for library loans without the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  So Sony is the one who dropped the ball for MAC?  Can't believe it.  I was so excited because I was able to finally download .pdf books from the Pubic Library to my Apple, but the missing link to Sony Reader is SONY!!!!  Isn't there any third party software out there?  I have looked.  DRM stuff seems to be the problem and they don't seem to like to convert from Apple to Sony.

Bummer.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it did say that Windows OS is required on the box, right?

I think Sony is looking into possibility of supporting Mac OS. Just wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi , glad to see I'm not alone. I am using Calibre on my Apple iBook G4 and had contacted Adobe support for problem of Digital Editions not seeing the Sony PRS 505. So I take it I cant download any DRM books and read them on the 505. I also thought I read on a web site that Sony may provide support for the MAC's in near future, that would be great. I also had similar problems with getting my Sony/Ericsson phone to work with my iBook, had to buy shareware program to allow music files to copy onto phone.  Grrrr its almost enough to make me go back to using a PC........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines