Exit

Showing running time on a generated movie

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to the Captivate experience.

I need to be able to show the total running time of my movies as well as how much has passed since the start. Is there any way to do this, a dug trough the Skin control, only to find nothing of the sort?

Any help much appreciated.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drmkkk,

I assume you are using Captivate 4. There is a system variable called cpInfoElapsedTimeMS . This variable shows the time elapsed in milliseconds since beginning of your project and that too during runtime. Insert this variable in a text caption and show that text caption for the entire project.

As per total running time, it can be found out at:

12.JPG

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way of achieving your goal is the TOC. Since you are new to Captivate, another way of showing the elapsed time/total time of the movie, determined by the time duration of each slide, is using the TOC-feature. You can activate this feature bu the menu Project, Table of Content, Show TOC. In the standard configuration this TOC shows both elapsed time and total time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, I was hoping to find a solution where I can just check something and have the total time/remaining displayed - much like in the TOC, however without having the slide menu appear. Actually I am a little stunned such a basic feature is not a deafult one - running time for me is one of the very basic parameters of a movie.

As far as I can tell, using M_Anand's approach I will need to do some scripting to show this to the user, please correct me if I am wrong. Also I like what I see in the TOC (what I need), however I don't like it takes half my screen and I need about 1% of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

drmkkk wrote:

...Actually I am a little stunned such a basic feature is not a deafult one - running time for me is one of the very basic parameters of a movie...

By all means you (and others) should request this as a feature!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources