• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add new fonts in AAE?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol its newbie question but i donwloaded like 10 last night any halp on how to add them?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

On Windows, you can install the fonts here: C:\Windows\fonts\

Note that you will need the administrator rights to modify the content of that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are handled by the respective global system control panel. Nothing specific Adobe, so check there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium said, installing fonts is a global function relating to your OS.  It has nothing to do with After Effects - After Effects uses fonts that are installed into your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Andrew and Mylenium say is true, but here's some more information, from "Fonts":

"In addition to the fonts installed on your system in the standard location for your operating system, After Effects uses font files in this local folder:

Windows

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

Mac OS

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

If you install a Type 1, TrueType, OpenType®, or CID font into the local Fonts folder, the font appears in Adobe applications only."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, you can install the fonts here: C:\Windows\fonts\

Note that you will need the administrator rights to modify the content of that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aha thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major annoyance of mine. Unlike other software like Nuke, you can't point to a different font folder than the system fonts. "Why is this an issue?", you may ask. Well in our company we have many artists working on the same project and our clients require a lot of security. Every time I want to try out a font, I need an admin to install it. Then if we like it, it needs to be installed on every single computer. In Nuke, I just drop a font into a network location that we all point to. Done.

If someone has a work around I'd love to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, too many fonts will slow down your computer. You don't want them all installed. More reason to be able to point AE to a different font folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines