• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions???

New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I purchased my ebook, I was instructed to download Adobe Digital Editions. When I download my ebook, it gives me an error that reads "This ebook cannot be opened with Digital Editions." What do I need to download now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is crappy software and severly limits portability options. I was able to print the free stuff, but not what I spent hard earned money for. A load of nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jamie, when you downloaded the book, was the file your PC attempted to open something like ebx.etd or something like URLLink.acsm?  The file extension (etd/acsm) is the important bit.

etd files are sent by the old version of the Adobe Content Server (version 3) and acsm files are sent by the new version (version 4). These files are keys to your book, not the book itself.  The book is downloaded once the key has been validated.

As of early May 2009, Adobe Digital Editions will no longer open etd files.

If you were sent an etd file, read on, otherwise this problem may be something else better answered by Adobe support channels.

If you still have Adobe Reader version 6 or 7 installed on your machine (and it was installed prior to April 2009), you could try opening the etd file with that instead.  Versions 8 and 9 will not work with Adobe Content Server (any version) files I'm afraid.

Otherwise your best course of action is to go back to the supplier and ask them for a new document download, but this time ensure they are sending the download from Content Server 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines