• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio optimization when publishing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project in CP4 that is a Powerpoint slideshow (embedded, not linked) and added audio to it. My first method was to add the audio to the first slide and then use the Project Audio Editing feature to adjust the slide timings to match the audio. Seemed to work fine within CP4. However, when I published it to a SWF (and uploaded to hosted Connect), I noticed that the load time was taking too long considering I had set the preload to 10%. What I saw was that at 10% the player controls showed up, but the first slide and audio took a long time to begin.

I then looked into the Bandwidth Monitor and noticed that the entire audio was associated with the first slide. I started again, this time making sure that when I added the audio I selected the option that said to distribute the audio over all of the slides. I adjusted the timings and published again. Same result.

Next, I broke up the audio into individual files, 1 for each slide. I then created a new project and added the associated file to each slide, selecting the option to expand the slide time to match the audio file. Published again. This time, the first slide had the audio for slides 1 & 2, but the 3rd slide had the audio for all of the remaining slides. When played, this resulted in the player coming up after the 10% was reached, slides 1 and 2 playing correctly and then the big wait while the rest of the audio was loading.

Isn't there a way to tell the optimizer to leave the audio with the slides when publishing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!  At least on the first project I tried.  I forced a .3 second (just to be sure) gap between each audio.

Please find the reason and answer

-SJ

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:13 PM

To: Suresh Jayaraman

Subject: RE: [ Bug Report ]

Hi Suresh,

This is how partial preloading will work. When the slide is not loaded completely we wait till it is loaded completely.

In Joel case, as soon as audio file is loaded (after 10% preloading), we start playing. We don't wait for the rest of the swf to load.

To play first slide audio, we need the audio file. As there is only one big audio file, we have to wait till the audio file is loaded.

Problem comes due to the fact that we merge audio files in adjacent slides when there is almost no gap between the audio positioning.

Workaround is to start every slide audio after 0.1 sec.

This will make 42 audio files in the swf instead of one.

Regards,

Ravi Kishore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources