• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two PRS-505's on one PC?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm new to this, is it possible to register two Sony PRS-505's (and two Digital Editions accounts) on one computer?

My wife currently has her  reader registered to her laptop PC, and I have ordered one for myself, and as I have a Mac I would have problems registering the sony library software.

Any help or advice you can offer would be gratefully received.

many thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well assuming you don't want to use the same AdobeID for all of the computers/readers in question (which would be easy).

Then on your wife's laptop you will need to create as sepreate Windows User Account  for yourself.  You can authorize Digital Editions on that account with your AdobeID, and it will not impact what happens with your wife's account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply!

From what I gather I should register ADE and my reader on the PC otherwise when I use digital editions on my Mac they won't sync?

Thanks again

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's correct the Sony Reader only appear as mass storage devices (ie USB drives) on Macintosh, and ADE 1.7.1 will not recognize it or authorize it.

Although once the Reader is authorized you can transfer files (except for "loaned" content - like from an on line Library) using the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines