Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format/style problems with X5 project opened in RoboHelp 8

Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an RH X5 project in RH 8, the topics look like my .css has been applied to them (i.e., correct formatting and fonts). If I view the topics in Preview or in the .chm file, it looks like no .css is applied (e.g., text is all Times Roman). I have opened my .css in the editor and everything looks fine. I have also verified that it is applied to all the topics in the Help project.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Cherie Lorenzo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new topic in the project using the same CSS. Same problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out what the problem was. I took a closer look at my .css and found that RoboHelp 8 had deleted a closing bracket from two @media print lines that I have in the .css. As soon as I added another closing bracket to the end of these lines, the problem went away.

Thanks,

Cherie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you have two CSS files reference in the topic?

I thought RH would only work with the second one. I need to look at something I tried once before for someone and it ran into problems. I will look tomorrow.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I don't have two .css file references in the topic.

At the top of my.css file, I have two @media print lines (snippet shown below). RoboHelp 8 had deleted a closing bracket from both of these lines. As soon as I added another closing bracket (shown in red) to each line, the problem went away:

/*Created with Adobe RoboHelp 8.*/

@media print { .droptext { display : inline ! important;}}

@media print { .expandtext { display : inline ! important;}}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp