• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my video will not play

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to add a video to my file. i did this...

Insert > Multimedia/Demo and browsed for the video file i wanted to insert. however, after generating... my video doesn't even show up properly and cant be played. what did i do wrong?

Clipboard01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no answers here.

What type of video did you try to insert?

• AVI
  • MPG
  • MOV
  • SWF
  • FLV
  • Something else?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the video file been added to the Baggage Files. Check your Project Manager pod in the Project Files section. If the file isn't there, right click and select New > Baggage File, navigate to the file and recompile.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video file is wmv and i have added it as a baggage file, but it still will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, it's fine when played in windows media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You may already have solved this by now - but I had a similar problem with RoboHelp 8 and an avi file.  The video played fine when browsing with Safari - but not with IE....

The problem appears to be that IE will not allow Microsoft Media Player to play a video file which is located in a folder at a "higher" directory level than the html file that calls it.  This is obviously some kind of security issue....

So what you need to do is:

....move the baggage file with the video in to the same folder in the "Project Files" pod as the page on which the video will be played.  Then click on the page in which you want to play the video - delete the video if you already have it in there - and then insert the video by "dragging" the baggage file to the page...

... you should now see the video play in the preview....  then just recompile....

Simples

'course this may not be the problem.  If not, try right-clicking on the blank video placeholder on the compiled RoboHelp page - you will be offered an option to look at the error message - but be careful if it tells you the error is with your sound card - it means it couldn't find the file!!!

Hope it helps

Marlowe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marlowe52's solution worked for me. I had moved my files into different folders, but moving them at the Project Files level helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp