• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is HTML help for uploading projects or where can i see Pods ??

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Robo Help. I have successfully installed Robo Help Server 8 in my PC. After i type http://<servername:port>/robohelp/admin I am able to view tha admin page. From there I am able to successfully able to login to the Admin Main page.

BUt I cant see any projects in General area of projects and I am not getting any clue on how to publish a project / create a new project.. (See screenshot below):

1.JPG

When i saw help files, It was mentioned that:

Publish from RoboHelp HTML 8

Do one of the following:

•

Double-click the WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro layout in the Single Source Layouts pod.

•

Right-click the WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro layout in the Single Source Layouts pod and select

Properties.

In the WebHelp Pro Publish dialog box, click Next to go to the server selection screen. Click New to create

a RoboHelp server destination to publish projects.

But when I clicked Help button in the admin page.. There was no link / ways to publish the Project or create a project, And how could I open the pod or Open the WebHelp Pro Publish dialog box ?? (Image attached):

2.JPG

Please help me out stating clear cut steps to follow.

Thanks in Advance...

- Ravi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Whilst you can install both RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server on the same PC, as the name suggests it is normal to install RoboHelp Server on a server complete with (in the case of RoboHelp Server 8) Tomcat and the Java Runtime Environment. The purpose of the RoboHelp server is to allow you to run lots of different reports on the help file's usage.

My first question is whether you need the RoboHelp Server application at all. If all you want to do is produce a help file that can sit on a server you don

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ravi and welcome to the RH community.

Now that you have seen the marvel that is the RH Server you need to create a help project using RoboHelp 8 (or you can also use RoboHelp 7 with the 7.0.3 patch installed). In RoboHelp 8 you will find two single source layouts called WebHelp Pro and FlashHelp Pro. Use the one according to whether you are created FlashHelp or WebHelp output. This will publish the help to the RoboHelp Server so you can see the projects in the Projects tab of the Administration Console.

A word of warning though. Check the file names in your RoboHelp project to ensure there is no &, ', < or > characters. If there are, your project will not publish correctly. Note this only affects the file names. Topic titles and TOC entries are OK.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Colum,

thanks for your reply. As you have mentioned that "you need to create a help project using RoboHelp 8...." and "In RoboHelp 8 you will find two single source layouts called WebHelp Pro and FlashHelp Pro....".

So please help me out to locate that :

1. Where can I find Robo Help 8. (as I am now in Robo Help server).
  2. How can I find the "two single source layouts called WebHelp Pro and FlashHelp Pro..." ??  (as I cant trace how to open the these two single source layouts!! )

Please tell me about it.

Thanks in advnce.

- Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8 is a completely different application from RoboHelp Server 8. RoboHelp 8 is the application that is used to create the actual help files and publish them to the RoboHelp Server. You'll need to have RoboHelp 8 installed on your PC to enable you to do so. Once you have, you will see a Single Source Layouts pod inside which are the two "pro" layouts.

I hope you don't mind me asking but are you the one who is responsible for creating the help projects? If so, do you have experience of this? If not, install RoboHelp 8 and create a test project. You'll find the interface relatively easy to use but you can post specific queries to these forums.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks so much for your response.

I am new to Robo help but i dont think there will be any problm in learning it... So i am sure I will learn it with ease (with help of forums and net).

As I had mentioned earler, I have already installed RoboHelp SERVER 8 on my pc, so can I install RoboHelp 8 also on my PC, or do i need to install Robo Help 8 on another PC and call it from there ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst you can install both RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server on the same PC, as the name suggests it is normal to install RoboHelp Server on a server complete with (in the case of RoboHelp Server 8) Tomcat and the Java Runtime Environment. The purpose of the RoboHelp server is to allow you to run lots of different reports on the help file's usage.

My first question is whether you need the RoboHelp Server application at all. If all you want to do is produce a help file that can sit on a server you don't need RoboHelp Server and you certainly would not be the first person to fall down that hole. The RoboHelp application is a completely separate product from Robohelp Server and is purely used to create the help files and place them in the desired location.

I admire your confidence to get things working but can't help feeling that if you are asking these types of questions that you can a big mountain to climb. I'd strongly recommend you look for a training course before going any further. There are people who monitor these forums who can help here depending on where you are. If you'd let us know where you are, we'll see if we can put you in touch.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp