• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uninstall Robohelp8?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have difficulty to uninstall Robohelp8....

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps if you share what the difficulty is, we can help you.

Do you not know how to start the uninstall. Does the process start? If it does, how does it fail?

Clues please.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Robohelp 5 and since I installed Robohelp 8, I can't start the old version any more.

I have to go back iin the old version, so I'd like to uninstall the version 8, re-install the version 5 to see if it works.

The problem is that I didn't find Robohelp 8 into the Add/Delete Programs of Windows either the uninstall .exe .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking under R for RoboHelp or A for Adobe RoboHelp?

If the project has been upgraded to RH8, you will not be able to open it in X5.

I would recommend that you install X5 on a separate machine rather than what you propose. Also you are going to hit a problem as you can no longer activate X5. You have to download some files. See Snippets on my site for that.

Why do you need to go back to X5?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your're right, it was under A for Adobe.  So I uninstall the Robohelp 8, reboot the computer, re-install Robohelp 5.

Then, when I start it, I got this message: "Can't read registry entry AppPath."  and error 49.

What can I do now ?

(I first install the version 8 to overview it, but I don't want to switch now. So I want to continue with vresion 5).

Thank you for you help

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I advised you in my previous post that you would hit a problem and I told you to look in Snippets on my site. The answer to your problem is there. See Snippet 100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oups.. sorry.

Ok, I installed the X501 update and it worked.  Then I tried to install the X502 one, but it didn't work. See the attached file for the error I got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but I would have thought the patches were included as those files were issued last year.

Did you look at Help > About to see the version number before you installed the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but I couldn't start the program... was blocked before getting there.

Should I start from scratch by uninsalling the software, reboot, re-isntall and then updating it ?

If I do that, should I delete some files in the register ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall X5, make sure the program files folder for X5 is clear and then start over.

Replace the files as before but forget the patch.

Try to run X5 at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work, but after I did what you said, I reinstall the patches 5.01 and 5.02.

Now, when I start the software, I don't have the error anymore... I have the activation screen asking to call to get the code.

Is what it suppose to happen ?  Should I call from now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Read this link.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I did erlier and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have done the things in the right order? I got the impression you had reinstalled, applied the downloaded exe and then the patches. That is not the order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else in the office did it again for me from scratch.  He did it exactly in the order requested and has the same result.

Don't forget that I installed the Robohelp 8 before this problem, it might be the source of the problem.

Since then, I uninstalled the Robohelp 8 before doing the procedure for the version 5.  It seems that problem comes from a DLL...

Any idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you say the problem comes from a DLL? Just a guess or some dialog?

The only thing I can suggest is using http://www.revouninstaller.com

Reinstall RH8 and reboot.

Don't attempt to open it as the one month trial is probably up and it doesn't matter for this purpose.

Use RevoUninstaller to uninstall it using the advanced option. Make sure you only select the registry entries highlighted bold.

Uninstall X5 the same way making sure you do it in the specified order.

You should back up your registry before you start and only do this if you are entirely happy with the procedure, otherwise get assistance.

You do this at your own risk.

These problems are precisely why you should never install the trial version of any software on a production machine.

If this does not solve the problem, I don't know what to suggest as X5 is no longer supported by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gush !  Didn't work !  Have a look to the attached file, it's a snap shot of the ddl message error I told you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am seeing that as Runtime error 49.

Entering runtime error 49 bad dll calling convention into Google will bring back many links, here's one. It suggests that your registry needs repair.

http://www.articlesbase.com/data-recovery-articles/runtime-error-49-bad-dll-calling-convention-errors-fix-tool--967966.html

Did you create a Restore Point before you installed RH8? Maybe that would help.

This is a free registry cleaner that gets good reviews but you use it at your own risk.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp