• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 WebHelp not displaying in Firefox

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just upgraded to RH8 (from RH6) and one of our WebHelp projects that is available on our website will not display in Firefox. It is OK in IE and Safari.  All we see is  .  We can view individual pages using the page url but not the project as a whole.

WebHelp that was generated using RH6 and is still on our website is still displayed correctly.

Has anyone got any suggestions.  Obviously we cannot roll back to RH6.

Thanks

Pauline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem. It is because your server is not configured to handle UTF 8 encoding. Once my webhost fixed that, it was OK.

This is what he advised me

I would therefore conclude that the solution to this problem (on Linux systems running Apache) is to add the AddDefaultCharset utf-8 directive to either the Apache config or the site .htaccess file. The advantage of the latter is that it only affects individual sites. The default Apache character set is taken from the locale file on Linux and defaults to iso-8859-1. It is the conflict between the Apache header with iso-8859-1 and the page character set of utf-8 that obviously causes Firefox a problem.

In a forum post Chrissy_Tissy added

My machine is Windows, but this fix still worked  - some notes about making the fix visible:

1. Do the fix itself (httpd.conf: AddDefaultCharset utf-8).

2. Restart the box to apply the fix.

3. Once the box is restarted, clear your cache in FireFox to make sure you don't continue to see the cached file.

Once all this is done you will see the output content as expected.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnaks for that Peter

I have passed it on to our server administrators to do their stuff.

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp