Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu items are highlighted before they are clicked

Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate makes the screenshot for each frame at the end of the mouse movement (i.e., when the next click occures), which is a problem with menues because menu items are highlighted when the mouse hoveres. Therefore, in the Captivate movie you see the menu expanding and the menu item is highlighted even before the mouse moves there and clicks it.

Is there a way to suppress the highlightling of menu items, or any other workaround? I am aware that I can manually make a screenshot when a menu expands (before moving the mouse) and then correct the movie afterwards, but maybe there is a better option.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you have Captivate 4, perhaps try clicking Edit > Preferences and disabling the Capture interim screenshot option?

tmp1.png

Aside from that, I would recommend liberal and judicial use of the Capture keystroke. Normally it's the Print Screen key. But you are able to change it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

thanks for the help but that setting regretably did not do the trick. I usually make manual screenshots with the print screen button in abundance anyway, but I thought there might be a general solution for the highlighting effect because anybody who records standard desktop apps will run into the problem. Maybe it is even possible to supress the highlighting in the Windows settings but I have not found the control for that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link! I have completely overlooked the possibility of regisrty hacks - maybe there is a setting to suppress the menu item highlighting as well Suppressing the tooktips is a nice option in itself, I´ll definitely use that option too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources