• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to record without preview removed

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I just can't find it, Record without Preview was removed from CP4 Captivate. If so, too bad since that seemed the best way to record a audio. The only full-project option runs the video in a preview window while you record the audio. That never made sense because the timing of the visual objects always needs to come AFTER recording the voice. The way it is now, the preview goes through its script while I try to ignore the motion on the screen, and later I adjust the visual objects to match the audio using the sliding playhead. So if I speak longer than the slide is set, all objects fade from the preview window before I am done speaking. It was much better to see the whole slide, with all objects static.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed the omission earlier. I can mention it for you, but it would carry more weight with the developers if you asked also - more voices, more attention to them. Click this link to report the problem and your solution. Thanks, and for the record, I do agree with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had actualy spoken on the phone to them to try to explain. They recognized the omission, but not sure if they understood the gravity. It is a subtle difference when you look at it from a casual position. They did not respond to my request, 'so is this a bug and will it be fixed/updated?'. So I don't know if I got through to them. I also don't know Adobe's record for making fixes/updates based on user input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this, we really need the Record without Preview feature back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources