• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Index not appearing in IE 8

Participant ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just published a help system using WebHelp Pro (using RH 8) and noticed that the index does not appear using IE 8. I tried it in Firefox to see if it was an IE issue and it showed up fine in FF. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I guess that means I need to remove the BEST VIEWED IN IE 8 caption from the bottom of my main page! Anyone else run into this issue?

IndexIE8.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still occurring. It's very intermittent. I can SOMETIMES make the index return by deleting the project from the server, and republishing the project. Other times when I delete the project and attempt to push the project again it will break RoboHelp Server 8 all together.

Another interesting issue that I'm having related to the Index is that when it IS working....if you type a word in the Index search box from the 2nd half of the alphabet, it kills the Index....but if you hit refresh in your browser, the Index returns. If you use the scroll bar in the Index and scroll down to where the 2nd half of the index is, and THEN type a word in the Index search box, it finds it and the Index functions properly.

I am at wits end trying to find a solution for this. It's happening to ALL of my projects, so I know that it's not just something in my project.

Let me know any solutions, or how to remove the Index from a WebHelp Pro project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could this be a Mark of the Web issue? You could check to see if Mark of the Web is ticked in your SSL and if it is, untick it, regenerate and republish and see if it is fixed.

I do vaguely remember seeing a few posts about issues with Search and RH8, so perhaps try searching the forums for that, and see if they have any resolution that might also work for the index (it might be they were all suggestions to report it as a bug, I can't remember off the top of my head).

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp