• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add persistent meta tags in webhelp topics?

Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on launching our help system as merged WebHelp (developed with RH7). One of my deliverables is the ability to monitor site usage with WebTrends. WebTrends needs specifically formatted meta tags and a javascript call to appear in each topic in order to return hits on actual topics rather than everything returning the parent.htm topic. Here is what they look like:

These need to be located before the topic body:

<meta name="WT.ti" content="your-desired-page-title-here">
<meta name="DCS.dcssip" content="webserver_name">
<meta name="DCS.dcsuri" content="topic title">

This needs to be located farther down:
<script src="../../../javascript_call.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>

When I insert those tags in a topic using RH, they're stripped out during generation. How can I make these lines persistent?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with a RH8 project and they survived the trip to the output. I cannot test on RH7 until later in the day.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same problem with meta tags being stripped out in X5. However, I'm currently evaluating RoboHelp 8, and so far it appears that the meta tags that you insert in the code stay put when you generate WebHelp. This is consistent with Peter's answer. Upgrading may help, but of course I'd wait to see what results Peter gets in RoboHelp 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tags were stripped out in RH7 so I suggest you try the trial version of RH8 on a non production machine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like I need to convince folks that many problems will be solved when we upgrade to RH8 this fall. I can hardly wait!

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but do test your output with the trial version first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh absolutely. I predict a wide array of tricky situations arising from this migration.

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp