Expand my Community achievements bar.

Seeding a signature field in Livecycle design

Level 1

Creating a signature field is straight forward. However I want to seed the 1st sig field to make it an 'author' signature and allow type 2 changes (The permitted changes are filling in forms, instantiating page templates, and signing. Other changes invalidate the signature.).

I know how to do this with javascript in Acrobat forms. But in Livecycle I cannot find how to set the seed on the field.

Any advice appreciated please.

3 Replies

Employee

PDF Signature fields can be seeded using addSignatureField API at the time of adding a new signature field or modifySignatureField API can be used to seed already existing signature fields.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Workbe...

HTH
Santosh

Level 1

Many thanks for the reply.

But like much of the Adobe documentation it says what is possible but without any example of how to do it. I am no wiser.

Employee

This cannot be done using LiveCycle Designer but here are other options

Option # 1

A simple orchestration can be created using addSignatureField/ModifySignatureField
In workbench Select the activity(addSignatureField/ModifySignatureField) and Go to Process Properties
Under Advanced Panel --> Signature Type(In property editor)
Select Certification Signature radio button and "Annotations,form fill-in and digital Signatures" drop down

Option # 2

using Client SDK Java API, Here is code snippet

--------------------------------------
    Document inDoc = new Document(new File(inputFile), false);

PDFSignatureFieldProperties pdfSigFldProps = new PDFSignatureFieldProperties();
    PDFSeedValueOptionSpec pdfSeedValueOptionSpec = new PDFSeedValueOptionSpec();

pdfSeedValueOptionSpec.setMdpValue(MDPPermissions.AnnotationFormChanges);
    pdfSigFldProps.setSeedValue(pdfSeedValueOptionSpec);

Document outDoc = signatureServiceClient.modifySignatureField(inDoc, sigFieldName, pdfSigFldProps);

outDoc.copyToFile(new File(outputFile));
--------------------------------------

Javadocs are available at http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/

--Santosh