• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Significant Audio Quality Drop from 1.0 to 4.0, suggestions?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded. Now, no matter how I publish, my audio sounds tinny and warbly.

Even if I turn off various compression settings hiddin in Captivate's preferences and slow down sound encoding and increase MP3 to 192, it still sounds noticeably poorer than in Captivate 1.0.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Examples:

Original Project, Compiled in Captivate 1.0:

http://downloads.pcc.com/videos/PCCEHRDemo.htm

New, Identical Project Compiled in Captivate 4.0:

http://downloads.pcc.com/videos/PCCEHRDemoNew.htm

What happened, and is there anything I can do to get my old sound quality back? There are a bunch of settings in different parts of Captivate's publishing window and general preferences. I THINK I've addressed all of them, but maybe someone could list all the different factors that could possibly effect audio encoding?

-Douglas

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you applied the update to Captivate 4?

Click here to read more

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not think I could need the patch, as I downloaded and installed Captivate 4 yesterday. However, after applying the update, the audio export improved somewhat.

It is still substantially poorer than the audio in Captivate 1.0, however.

I'm wondering if the problem comes from the upgrade process... when first opening my old file in Captivate 4.0, it does a lot of conversion stuff. Perhaps it uses a bad codec or something.

Even the sound files within Captivate sound tinnier, poorer, and then the compiled video sounds even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources