• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new to cold fusion builder/eclipse (suggestion)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as an old farthead who has been using Cold Fusion Studio/Homesite for a long time, I've decided to give Cold Fusion Builder a try.

Unfortunately, I am a complete idiot when it comes to Eclipse.

For those of you with lots of experience using Eclipse, I would love to see some basic tutorials (video tutorials would be fantastic) on using Cold Fusion Builder.

I am certain that Adobe has thought of all this and will soon make some public announcements regarding Cold Fusion builder.

If there are books, tutorials, training materials in the works for Cold Fusion Builder/ and Cold Fusion 9, please let me know.  I need a lot of help.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how many CF 9 books there are out right now.  My guess would be that it will change as we get closer to October and beyond.  I would recommend following the tutorial on the CF Builder home page.  That will give you an idea of how CF Builder and Eclipse kind of works.  I would also try and hit the eclipse site www.eclipse.org and see how it works too.  Also, keep reading this forum and watch the blogs of people like Ben Forta, and the other CF heavy weights as I am sure they will have plenty to say about CF Builder and CF 9 throughout the year.

Hope that helps,

JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben has written a nice blog post about "Getting Started With The New ColdFusion Builder". Check

http://forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/7/13/Getting-Started-With-The-New-ColdFusion-Builder

Thanks,

Hemant Khandelwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking at basic videos to help you get started with ColdFusion Builder, you can see: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusion9/videos/

The ColdFusion Builder User Guide (available online both in HTML and PDF, and also as In-Product Help) will help you get started with ColdFusion Builder: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusionBuilder/Using/index.html

Since you indicate that you are new to Eclipse, you may want to pay special attention to the following topics in the User Guide:

These topics have been written with an intent to help users new to Eclipse to get acquainted with Eclipse-specific terms and concepts and effectively use ColdFusion Builder.

Hope this helps. And along the way, if you have any questions, do bring them up.

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to all of you for providing so much useful information.

please keep posting all of this great information.

posting this information may seem redundant to quite a few of you.  I guarantee there's at least several hundred, if not more, newcomers to Cold Fusion who find this type of information extremely useful.

I consider the internet the worlds most dysfunctional library.  The information is out there somewhere.  It just takes time and a lot of frustration to find what you're looking for.  Sometimes I wish things were a bit more organized.

again, many thanks to all of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Eclipse Workspace http://www.tinyurl.com/584thn

This is the basics of using Eclipse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation