• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing views?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I've never ben a fan of Eclipse.  I've found the IDE too complex and cheap looking.  Coming from Dreamweaver, this seems like a huge leap backwards, but in the spirit of beta I'll play along.

1) Will the server window work with versions of CF < 9?

1a) If so, are there any tuts showing how to connect to a remote server?  I'm unable to connect to my remote CF8 standard server.

2) Is it possible to change from code/split/design views?  I find the split view is the easiest to select the element I need.

3) Is the nested tag select feature in Dreamweaver available in CFBuilder?

4) I have Chrome installed but it isn't an option to preview.

5) HTML attribute compatibility is nice.  Should Safari be changed to "Webkit" or add Webkit for AIR / Chrome / etc. (minor, I know)

6) Are we supposed to use this along side of DW or instead of?  If instead of, your HTML/CSS support is severly lacking, will it be improved on?  Flex Builder has better CSS support.

7) <cfoutput add></cfoutput> doesn't produce any kind of notice in the left by the line numbers.  Considering Flex Builder's awesome notices this will be improved on?

8) I prefer to not close the tag automatically but rather when I type </ is this available?

So far It seems the best use for this to take advantage of the new ORM stuff and writing CFCs.  Due to the lack of HTML/CSS/JS/design support I don't think I'd take a CF project from start to finish with this product.  Is that it's intended use?  Will Dreamweaver continue to be supported and upgraded to include new CF code hints?  There is a lot of server side support built into Dreamweaver already such as query builders and other tools.  Why couldn't these features be added to Dreamweaver instead of reinventing the wheel with someone elses technology.  It seems to me that you bought the Macromedia software, you shouldn't abandon them.

I'm trying to keep an open mind considering it's in beta and all, but I'm not excited yet.   Change my mind!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ans to some of ur questions..

1) Will the server window work with versions of CF < 9?

Supported Server versions are 7.0.2, 8.0.1 and 9. Please refer the doc to how to setup remote server in CFB

4) I have Chrome installed but it isn't an option to preview.

When you create project you specify the external browser as chrome and hitting the Run icon in tool bar or right click on file to preview->Run as->ColdFusion Application. Will launch the selected file in Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) thanks, I'll have to play with it later.

4) I understand that, but I was refereing to the preview tabs below the code window, not launching the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the setting to question 8 under window > html > editors > html > typing.  Not TOO barried really, if you're a fan of Where's Waldo.  Now that I've changed the auto close option to "when i type </" nothing auto closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

he he he

cannedRadio wrote:

under window > html > editors > html > typing.  Not TOO barried really, if you're a fan of Where's Waldo.

It took me a while just to figure out how to text wrap (but maybe I'm special like my mom always told me):

Window > preferences > HTML > Editors > (switch tabs to Advanced) >  Enable word wrap

I too am in the boat, always found Eclipse cumbersome and non-intuitive, with a very different approach to organization, access, and terms. But I, as well in the spirit, am attempting to try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation