• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder Admin Server Components Problem

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the admin server components, extracting them into their appropriate directories, and executing the adminstart.bat file, I'm receiving the following error:

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I did a search for that file and found several instances throughout the coldfusion8 directory.

I am running Coldfusion Standard                  8,0,1,195765 on Windows 2003.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

msvcr71.dll should be available under C:/ColdFusion8/runtime/jre/bin in case of standalone or C:/JRun4/jre/bin. Copy this to runtime/bin in case of standalone and JRun4/bin in case of multiserver.

- Vinu

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to post this.  I am receiving the same error message running CF8 multi-server with Jrun on Windows 2003.

-

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msvcr71.dll should be available under C:/ColdFusion8/runtime/jre/bin in case of standalone or C:/JRun4/jre/bin. Copy this to runtime/bin in case of standalone and JRun4/bin in case of multiserver.

- Vinu

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to do the trick, but shouldn't that have been noted in the install instructions?

Furthermore, I'm still not able to start/stop my CF services from CF Builder.  I think over all the instructions were extremely lacking for this install.  I've dug into the docs and found a different explanation everywhere I look.  Furthermore, after watching Ben's videos where he sets up a server, that looks like he's getting different screens than I am.

I suppose it IS a beta, so I'll just sit tight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>I'm still not able to start/stop my CF services from CF Builder

Can you please let us know which Windows version your using. There are few issues using service option in Vista/2008/7.

FYI. If you try to start/stop server through service. Server should be configured in server manager with Use Window service enabled in second screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition

As for the "Second screen" you speak of, are you referring to the "remote server settings" where you specify naming port, username, password, document root?  That should just be a valid AD account for that server, right?

Again, I think the documentation of setting this feature up could use some work.  Do you have any links you can send me that explain every step properly?  I hate to ask a million questions if its been documented somewhere already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way...do I need to install server manager as well?  I'm running Coldfusion 8...I didn't see a seperate download for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for information on setting up a remote server, please see the following topic in the ColdFusion Builder User Guide:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusionBuilder/Using/WS0ef8c004658c1089-38317734121cdfd5fd3-7fff.html.

Let me know if this does not cover the information you are looking for.

Thanks,

Mallika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second screen does not prompt me for a ColdFusion version like the documentation indicates it should.

I am running OS X 10.5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is removed for remote server. We need to update the same in Doc. Thanks for pointing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  I've followed all of the directions...

Updated the {CFHome}/runtime/lib/security.properties file.

Grabbed the jrun user account from the jrun-users.xml file.

etc.

I'm able to connect to the server, but I have no options to start/stop.  The status just says "unknown".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you started admin server on remote machine. What error getting logged on CFB consol when you refresh the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started it using the adminstart.bat file.

Starting Macromedia JRun 4.0 (Build 108673), admin server
07/14 08:52:39 warning Unable to open C:\ColdFusion8\runtime/lib/license.properties
07/14 08:52:40 info JRun Naming Service listening on *:2910
07/14 08:52:40 info No JDBC data sources have been configured for this server (see jrun-resources.xml)
07/14 08:52:40 info JRun Web Server listening on *:8000
07/14 08:52:40 info Deploying enterprise application "JRun 4.0 Internal J2EE Components" from: file:/C:/ColdFusion8/runtime/lib/jrun-comp.ear
07/14 08:52:40 info Deploying EJB "JRunSQLInvoker" from: file:/C:/ColdFusion8/runtime/lib/jrun-comp.ear
Server admin ready (startup time: 3 seconds)

Think the problem has to do with the second line...shouldn't that be "security.properties"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Console doesn't read any error:

[LMS], (07/14 at 09:00:28): Server is available. Getting server settings from Server

I can connect to the server no problemo...the status reads "unkown" with all of the buttons greyed out to start/stop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right; "Security Properties" is a more appropriate title to include in the docs. I've made a note of that. Thanks.

--Mallika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the adminstart.bat is referencing a wrong file name.  Its attempting to open a file that does not exist (license.properties).  The correct name is security.properties.

For sake of moving forward, I copied the security properties and renamed it to license.properties which allowed me to execute the adminstart.bat fine.  Again, still no ability to start/stop services from CFB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check in your machine temp directory three jars are copied (jcmd.jar, jcmd_u7.jar and jcmd_u5.jar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and did not find those files.

You are referring to the server right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in machine where CFB is installed.

FYI :- The temp directory of windows, location is stored in windows environment variable. Type set on command line consol and look for tmp or temp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the references to AdminServerComponents.zip in the documentation. Can someone tell me where to download this file?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/coldfusionbuilder/coldfusionbuilder_b1_serveradmin_071309.zip

It is on the download page for ColdFusion Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks.

Not sure how I missed it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation