Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Continuous Tabbing Across Pages

Level 1

I have recently started to use Lc and when trying to make an interactive form for my users I came across a problem I can't solve.  The answer is not in the index and not listed on any forum that I can find.

How do you make your fields continuously tab into page 2,3, and beyond?  I can tab all the way through page 1 but when get to that last field and hit tab, wanting to go to page 2, I find myself at the top of page 1 again.

Please help, this is driving me crazy!

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I just tried your form on my system and it worked fine. Maybe we are speaking of two different things. When I get to the last field on page 1 (desired Characteristics) and I tab off of that field the cursor moves to the 1st field in the next page (List Supplies Required). When I reach the end of page 2 it will just stop there. Is yours behaving the same way? Note that I have not made any changes to the form I am also opening the form in Designer 9 so that is one difference (although I do not think that it shodul matter as I have not changed anything).

Paul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

If you go into the Tabbing Tool (View/Show Tab Order) then you can set the tab order to anything you want .

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the reply Paul but the Tab order tool only works for that individual page.  I have 18 fields on page one and 16 more on page two, when I set the tab order on page one it goes 1-18 and then when I click the first field on page two it starts over at the number 1.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but my pages aren't linked together.

Former Community Member

Works for me ....do you want to post your form and I will have a look?

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate your help.

Rob

Former Community Member

It wraps properly for me ....which version of Acrobat/Reader are you using. I have Acrobat 9.1.2. and Reader 8.1.5. Also I would change the tabbiing so that the buttons at the top are 1st instead of last like you have them.

Paul

Level 1

Hmm?  I have Adobe Reader 6.0, and so do most of my users, but used Acrobat 8.1 to create it.  I will download the newest version of Reader now to see what it does.

Thanks

Level 1

Ok, so here is the latest, and not so great version of the form.  I used Acrobat Pro 8.1.3 and LiveCycle 8.0 to create the form and downloaded Reader 9.1.2 to view it.

I reset the Tab Order to start with Reset but that still didn't work.  I amended the hierachy to make sure the sequence was in the prefered order and that only made things worse.

Either I have a gremlin in my computer or I am doing something wrong.

I don't know, could you maybe spell this out for me like I was a 2nd grader?

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I just tried your form on my system and it worked fine. Maybe we are speaking of two different things. When I get to the last field on page 1 (desired Characteristics) and I tab off of that field the cursor moves to the 1st field in the next page (List Supplies Required). When I reach the end of page 2 it will just stop there. Is yours behaving the same way? Note that I have not made any changes to the form I am also opening the form in Designer 9 so that is one difference (although I do not think that it shodul matter as I have not changed anything).

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

I had another friend help me with this issue and he figured it out.  He was using Acrobat 9 and was able to check the properties of each page and was able to adjust the TAB setting through the properties.  After adjusting these settings the tab order was correct and it continues across multiple pages.

Thanks for your help.  Keep on fighting the good fight.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----