• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous building of workspace

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open CF Builder it continuously builds the workspace, never going above 0%. This stops me from running extensions like SVN updates. It also means that when I close CF Builder, I have to use end task to close the building workspace.

For reference: I have my local CF8 server configured in CF Builder and my default workspace is in c:/htdocs

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace

Uncheck "Build automatically".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have many files in your workspace/project? Are you using server mappings? Any other information that can help us investigate this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspace did eventually finish building (i don't know how long, as I was not keeping track).

The project that I had open has 6,094 files and the workspace has 13,031 files (with the project folder sitting inside the workspace folder). The server does have mappings.

I may have been too quick to jump to a conclusion, however neither the progress bar nor the percentage of completion showed any signs of the building of the workspace as being completed within half an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you observe "collecting server setting" or "building workspace" in the status bar? We have not implemented building the entire workspace in  CF Builder. It only parses and shows errors for the files that are open in the editor.

Eclipse does call a job to "Refresh contents" whenever problems view is updated, but CF Builder does not compile any CFML files in response to this job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue wasn't with the entire workspace being built, but more with it taking too long to complete and eclipse not letting me start a new process (like an SVN update through the subclipse plugin) until the original process was complete (opting instead to queue the processes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that Eclipse will sometimes do this, for reasons I have not been able to determine.  If one just lets it get on with it (which can take several minutes), after that it's fine.  CFB might be doing the same thing.

I'm not sure what's going on (then again: I've never bothered to investigate, contenting myself with sitting there swearing at my screen instead).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace

Uncheck "Build automatically".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick replies.

What are the benefits to having the workspace built? (Sorry if this is a noob question, I am rather new to eclipse).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is useful for languages like Java that creates intemediat file from source file. So when you open the workspace, all files in the worksapce will be compiled. It could also be useful if you want to check if files in you workspace have syntax errors. But CF Builder does not support building workspace option for CFML files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation