Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fields

Level 1

In the last version, there was a date field that gave you a drop down calendar.  Is there a way to do that in the new version?  Also, regarding drop down fields, I know how to create a list, but how do you keep the field blank until one has been chosen? 

7 Replies

Former Community Member

The Date/Time field does the same thing in the newest version as well. Make sure that the field you are using is a DateTime field. By default the DDlist is empty until an option is selected.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul!  I am using a 30-day free trial before upgrading and this may be a silly question, but I cannot get any of the palette's to show so the only fields I am able to view are on the toolbar.  Is the trial version limited to what I can use?

Former Community Member

No limitations in the trial version of both Acrobat and Designer.

Are you speaking of Acrobat or Designer?

Paul

Level 1

Acrobat.  The only fields I can insert are text, check box, radio button, list box, combo box, button, signature and barcode.  Under View - Toolbars, everything is grayed out except button labels.

Former Community Member

Ok we are talking about two different things. I (and this forum) deal with PDFs that are created in LiveCycle Designer and use the XFA forms technology. You are using native Acrobat and the AcroForms technology. I do not know that technology that well so I cannot comment. You might be better off posting your query in the Acrobat forum.

Paul

Level 1

Now I am really confused - in Acrobat 8 when I was creating a form it launched in to LiveCycle.  Is there a "Form Wizard" in Acrobat 9 that is different from LiveCycle?  If I want LiveCycle do I need a different program?  My main issue is trying to create a form that Reader users could save and from what I understand, that cannot be done in 8 but can be done in 9 so I am trying the 30 day trial.

Former Community Member

You said you were using Acrobat and the only fields you could see were ......thats why I thought you were using Acroforms. You can load Designer on its own without going through Acrobat ....I suggest you do that. Then there is a preview mode in Designer that will allow you to see the file as a PDF.

Lets start  there and see what happens.

Paul