Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which browsers support Webhelp in RoboHelp HTML

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I generated a webhelp layout in Robohelp HTML version 7.01.001.

If I open the default topic using IE, IE asks me to first enable a ActiveX control.

If I open it using Firefox or Safari, I can see the content and left navigation bar immediately.

If I open it using google Chrome, the left navigation bar is blank…

Can you give me a list of supported browsers and versions? Also I don’t want the prompt for enabling ActiveX control when opening it IE. I thought it is a pure HTML page with some javascript. Not sure why it needs ActiveX control to be enabled….

Thanks,

Vinay Jaassiel Kankipati

Technical Writer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Hi there

Google Chrome wasn't out at the time RoboHelp 7 was created. So it's no surprise that WebHelp doesn't display properly in Chrome.

In IE, you only see the Yellow Information Bar (YIB) when you run it locally off the C drive. Most folks copy WebHelp to a Web Server. When users access it from a Web Server they are in a different security zone and will not encounter the YIB.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Google Chrome wasn't out at the time RoboHelp 7 was created. So it's no surprise that WebHelp doesn't display properly in Chrome.

In IE, you only see the Yellow Information Bar (YIB) when you run it locally off the C drive. Most folks copy WebHelp to a Web Server. When users access it from a Web Server they are in a different security zone and will not encounter the YIB.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone also give me the list of all supported browsers that work fine with robohelp html 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The supported browsers are IE, FF and Safari.

Bear in mind that they are always changing so what might work when a version of RH is released, can run into problems later. It's a game of leapfrog.

RH8 is better than RH7 for that reason.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter . Also your site was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone also tell me how to make webhelp work with Google Chrome. [The navigation pane is missing on the left]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you will find a way to make webhelp from RH7 work. Seems to work OK from RH8 but I have only done a quick check.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp