• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from RoboHelp 2000 to RoboHelp 8, problems

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used RoboHelp 2000 for some years.  I am trying RoboHelp 8 on a 30 day trial.  My project seems to have been migrated largely successfully, except that the Table of Contents is now merely all topics in alphabetical order.  The Index is severely truncated: only twenty of my hundreds of index entries have been preserved.  While Pop Up Texts on most pages behave as before, for a few topics they just form part of the body of the topic.  Are there likely to be any other losses that I have not yet found?  How do I fix them, other than manually? 

The only book I have identified so far specific to version 8 s Adobe RoboHelp 8 HTML: The Essentials" Kevin A. Siegel; Spiral-bound; $39.00.  Are there others?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Mr. Siegel's book is used as a training curriculum if you were to take a class on RoboHelp from an authorized training center. You may also use it on your own to learn RoboHelp 8. You order it and pay shipping on top of the book cost and you wait for delivery.

I offer a similar book (in eBook format) for $24.95. No shipping and you have it within the day.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book was worth $25.  I have worked through section 1 to see how what I already know of RoboHelp 2000 maps to RoboHelp 8.  Not a great deal to learn about that is really new.  I think section 2 will contain more new stuff. 

It would be helpful to have more on AIR files.  I have compiled an AIR output and it runs fine from within RoboHelp.  But when I go to the .air file through Windows Explorer, my PC does not know how to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Paul!

I'll be releasing an "Advanced" book before long that is intended to cover the AIR output among the other stuff. I decided to cover it there as it's a relatively new format that not many are adopting quite yet and IMNSHO, would be better covered after one has the fundamentals down.

There are currrently 342 topics with many topics covering more than a single printed page may. So an equivalent printed output may result in 400-450 printed pages. Then there are some Captivate movies used in there too. And one Captivate movie could be as many as 20-30 printed pages if you had to do it in print. So I'm guessing a printed version of the book would easily run $50 or more.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp