• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder with case sensitive file system on Mac?

Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried to install CF Builder on my MacBook Pro (Intel), OS-X 10.5.7 with case sensitive file system. Installation went smoothly, but, when I try to launch CF Builder, I get an error saying that the "architecture is not supported". Is it just nor possible to have CF Builder on a case sensitive fs?

Thank you

Chris

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be an issue with case sensitivity. Is JDK 1.5 available in the system? JDK 1.6 shipped in Mac is pure 64 bit and eclipse and eclipse based products cannot run. CFBuilder is a 32 bit application.

- Vinu

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinu,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this is not the solution. JDK 1.5 - 32 bit is present and CF Builder is trying to use it (checked the plist).

I have Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 running (also 3.5, but, with no plugins yet). I tried the CF Builder stand alone installation though, because I did not want to have any incompatibilities between plugins and CF Builder.

Thank you

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok in that case, if your java is set to 1.5 by default, you can try the following (just to debug).

invoke ./CFBuilder under CFBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS and see if it opens.

Also console log may have some errors.

Type file on CFBuilder to cross check the architecture.

- Vinu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and logged in here to see what the deal is.

After I installed cfbuilder my flex builder crapped out as well.

The cfbuilder logs (which were conveniently scattered throughout my system for no reason) report that I am running:

java.vm.version               == 1.5.0_19-137

But if I run "java -version" in terminal I get:

daves-macbook-pro-2:~ Dave$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03-211)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.3-b02-83, mixed mode)

"Is JDK 1.5 available in the system"

Definale "available"...

Does it exist? yes

Is it set to default? no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFBuilder picks up 1.5 by default and runs it. I can run in my Mac with same configuration w.o any issues. Is there any message in the console?

- Vinu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jul 15 00:42:14 daves-macbook-pro-2 ReportCrash[4169]: Formulating crash report for process cfbuilder[4168]

Jul 15 00:42:15 daves-macbook-pro-2 ReportCrash[4169]: Saved crashreport to /Users/Dave/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/cfbuilder_2009-07-15-004213_daves-macbook-pro-2.crash using uid: 501 gid: 20, euid: 501 egid: 20

and

Process:         cfbuilder [4168]

Path:            /Applications/ColdFusionBuilder/CFBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS/cfbuilder

0x1000 -     0x3fff +org.eclipse.eclipse 3.4 (3.4) /Applications/ColdFusionBuilder/CFBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinu,

sorry, saw your posts too late. What I did in the meantime is, I cloned my system to a case-INsensitive disk, and there CFBuilder will run. Well, at least it will start, haven't had the time yet to really work with it on that system.

If I can find the time, I will revert back to case sensitive fs (HSF+, journaling enabled, case sensitive) and try what you suggested.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I'll try to look for this issue in our labs see if i can replicate. Launcher name is changed and matches the app name now in the version later than the public beta. In such a case it should not be an issue. Also you can try to rename the launcher from cfbuilder under Contents/MacOS to CFbuilder if its not in right case.

- Vinu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working by reverting my jvm & jdk back to java 1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What impact if any does that have on other tools installed that rely on version 1.6 being present? Won't that break them? (I ask, because we are users of Aquafold's Aqua Data Studio which relies on 1.6 and going backward there would be a showstopper for us -- this isn't a hypothetical question.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion Builder is designed to pick 1.5 by default without requiring to change system JDK.  I'll investigate why exactly its not working in some systems its not being picked.

- Vinu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation