Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Issue on OS X

Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded CF Builder for my Mac and I keep getting this message in my log files when trying to install:

Jul 16 13:24:06 ben-densmores-macbook com.apple.launchd[92] ([0x0-0x76076].cfbuilder_install[1075]): posix_spawnp("/Users/ben/Downloads/coldfusionbuilder_b1_install_mac_071309/cfbuilder_install.app/Contents/MacOS/cfbuilder_install", ...): Permission denied

I've tried launching the installer from terminal and that doesn't work either. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What errors do you get when you launch from terminal? You have to use "Archive Utility" to extract the installer otherwise permissions may not be set properly.

- Vinu

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error:

LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810

I use Zipeg all the time to extract zip files and have never had an issue.

I think this all might stem from the latest update to Java that Apple released over the past few weeks. Searching on that error turned up either an issue with Java or an error in the info.plist file.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so for some odd reason Zipeg extracted the zip file with incorrect permissions. Not sure why, I've never had that happen before.

Doing

sudo chmod a+x /users/ben/downloads/cfbuilder_install.app/Contents/MacOS/cfbuilder_install  

Fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation